Get InvolvedVolunteer with Community Wings - we're always on the lookout for volunteers to help gather, transport, sort, and store donations. We also have numerous office and administrative tasks that require volunteer manpower to complete.
Current specific needs include:
- Strong volunteers with their own large vehicle (van, pickup truck, cube truck, etc.) to transport large pieces of furniture.
- Volunteers to sort used clothing.
- Volunteers to network within the community to solicit donations and aid from local businesses.
- Volunteers to help with fundraising events (food preparation, setup, cleanup, etc.).
Food, clothing, and furniture donations are accepted. Please see our donation guidelines or contact one of our drop off locations for more information.
Fundraise Organize a food drive or fundraiser at your local school, club, organization or business. Please contact us for more information or to share your creative ideas!
Donation GuidelinesCommunity Wings collects donations of food and toiletries for families in need on an ongoing basis, as well as other items - please see below. To find a drop off location near you or for more information please visit www.facebook.com/communitywings or email@example.com. Always Accepted Items
Food & Toiletries:
- Non-perishable foods such as canned vegetables and fruit, cereal, pasta, sauces, peanut butter, etc.
- Perishable foods in original unopened packaging with an expiry date a minimum of one week from the donation date (bread, milk, vegetables, etc.)
- New, unopened toiletries such as shampoo, soap, razors, toothpaste, tooth brushes, body lotion, diaper cream, disposable diapers, pull-ups, etc.
- Toilet paper, Kleenex, paper towels, etc.
- Gift cards for any grocery stores (Maxi, Metro, IGA, etc.) or pharmacies (Pharmaprix, Jean-Coutu, etc.) as well as Walmart, etc.
Accepted on an "As Needed" Basis:
PLEASE CONTACT firstname.lastname@example.org to find out if we currently have a family in need of these items:
- Gently used men's, women's and children's clothing, pyjamas, shoes and outerwear in good, washed condition, without stains or tears.
- New, unworn men's, women's and children's clothing.
- Gently used baby clothing, pyjamas, shoes and outerwear in good, washed condition, without stains or tears.
- New, unworn baby clothing and pyjamas.
- Baby accessories such as hats, bibs, booties, etc.
- Baby gear such as playpens, strollers, super saucers, infant swings, etc.
- Dishes and cookware in good condition.
- Gently used small appliances in good working condition such as microwaves, toasters, kettles, etc.
- Small furniture and décor items in good condition such as side tables, lamps, chairs, etc.
- Large furniture such as beds, sofas, etc.
- Clean, washed bedding and blankets.
- Clothing that smells like cigarette smoke, is stained, or contains holes.
- Socks, underwear and lingerie.
- Household items and furniture that is dirty, smells like cigarette smoke, covered in pet hair, or broken.
- Infant and child car seats, baby walkers, baby carriers, Jolly Jumpers.
- Tube televisions.
- Plush toys.